Resources for iTunes U Publishers
If you wish to publish content or adminster collections on iTunes U, you will benefit from expanded knowledge of how iTunes U works, including how to:
- Use automated workflows to publish content to iTunes U or automatically via RSS feeds
- Use the best method(s) for recording your live content for delivery via iTunes U
- Transcode or transform existing audio and video content into file formats suitable for iTunes U
- Create your course and and collection page(s)
- Create and format tabs to logically group content within your collection/course page(s)
- Create and properly size graphic images for your collection/course page(s)
- Upload content to your iTunes U course/collection page(s)
- Organize content within your course and collection page(s)
- Fill in the correct file metadata (name, album, artist, genre, comments, track number)
- Identify proper file formats for audio and video podcasts
- Populate the website links on your collection/course page(s)
- Maximize the iTunes U keyword search to assist users in finding your content
Contact the OIT Academic Technologies Services team to set up a consulting meeting or special hands-on training workshop on the topics above.
You can also review Apple’s online iTunes U Users Guide, which contains answers to many basic questions on creating content and designing effective course or collection pages.